New Policies and Procedures include but are not limited to (RightStart reserves the right to change these policies and procedures at any time with or without notice):
1. Each family will be required to initial and sign a release and hold harmless agreement regarding new policies and procedures.
2. IF ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19 WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT SCHEDULE AN IN-OFFICE THERAPY SESSION UNTIL THAT FAMILY MEMBER HAS BEEN SYMPTOM-FREE FOR 7 CONSECUTIVE DAYS.
3. IF ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY IS DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19 AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE WE ASK THAT YOU NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE CAN TAKE THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS IN KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE AND HEALTHY.
4. Only the child receiving therapy services will be allowed in the building. If a parent must attend for medical reasons please limit to one adult.
5. Everyone including parent/guardian, child, therapists, and all RightStart team members will have their temperature checked at the front door with an infrared contactless thermometer before entering the building. If the temp is 99 or higher you will be asked to reschedule the therapy session once you or your child has been fever-free for 48 hours. (NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!) You may also elect to switch to teletherapy if you would prefer.
6. You will be asked to drive to the front door and drop your child off with one of our amazing team members. At that time their temp will be checked and the parent will sign their child in like normal on the iPad, which will be brought to your car window. Our team member will walk your child to the hall bathroom to wash their hands (another team member will be available to assist your child if needed). If you want your child to wear a mask you must bring the mask with you. (WE CANNOT PROVIDE THE MASKS TO YOU!!!). Once your child’s hands have been washed your therapist will pick them up in the waiting room and they will be taken to their session in a one on one environment that has been cleaned and sanitized. You will be asked to remain in the parking lot (PARKED ON THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING) and drive to the front door at the time the session is over. We will wash your child’s hands before leaving the building.
7. If you leave the parking lot at any point during your child’s therapy session you will be charged a $50 fee (NO EXCEPTIONS!!!) This is for the safety of everyone. If you decide to leave anyway and you are NOT back to pick up your child on time you will be charged a $100 fee (NO EXCEPTIONS!!!). We will NOT be fully staffed during the 2 days we will be open and we will NOT have the ability to watch your child while trying to safely pick up our next kiddo in the parking lot.
8. AT THE END OF THE SESSION YOUR THERAPIST WILL MEET YOU IN THE PARKING LOT TO DISCUSS THERAPY SESSION AND PROGRESS (FRONT 4 SPACES WILL BE DROP OFF AND PICK UP).
9. All team members of RightStart Therapy; including your therapist, will be required to wear the clear face shields or a mask and gloves. The clear face masks will be disinfected after each therapy session and gloves will be changed after each session as well.
10. All team members will clean and sanitize each therapy room after each session and before the next session can start. This will result in a 10-15-minute gap between each scheduled session; therefore, the schedules WILL change from what the current schedule has been.
11. Initially, we will only be open 2 days during the week for in-office therapy sessions and we will still be providing teletherapy for those of you who cannot or do not feel comfortable with coming into the office.
12. Please keep in mind that your therapists as well as the front office team have families at home and wish to stay healthy for them as well. If anyone in your house is not feeling well, DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE FOR THERAPY. Instead, email email@example.com to schedule a teletherapy session.
13. Also, for those of you that have participated in teletherapy and now wish to come into the office for therapy, the schedule will look different but our cancellation and no-show policy will remain the same. Please keep in mind, we have been extremely flexible with scheduling makeup’s and NOT charging the normal no show/cancellation fee during the past few months but we will NOT have the same flexibility once we are back in the office. If you cannot keep your scheduled therapy session(s) please call our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org right away to reschedule or cancel so that we can make sure to use everyone’s time wisely.
14. Let’s be KIND to everyone and help each other through this difficult time and try to find a new normal that will keep us all safe and healthy while we continue to help our children to thrive in the world around them.